Monday 29 July 2013

You can strip me naked...

 I was born a little ‘Girl’ to parents, who caressed me with love and affection,
          But I was stripped naked, when society labeled me as the ‘Weaker Sex’

I was born again, when education instilled in me the required confidence,
         But I was stripped naked, when society yelled ‘Why educate her? She is a Girl!!'

I was born again, the day I first bled,
        But I was stripped naked, when myths, taboos made me as 'untouchable'.

I was born again, when my body developed contours,
       But I was stripped naked, when this body was hounded by savages.

I was born again, the day I got married,
      But I was stripped naked, when dowry, domestic violence and marital rape tore me apart.

I was born again, when I became a mother,
     But I was stripped naked, when the society knew 'it' was a girl.

Today as my soul departs and I rest in peace,
    You can't strip me naked, as I am too far from your reach.

You can pull me down, tear me apart, and strip me naked,
    I will keep on rising every time, because I am a WOMAN...a Woman of strength.

FEMFLASH 2013
(pic courtesy:- blingee)

5 comments:

  1. Sarmistha. ..I have always told u...my heart , mind and my eyes loves reading through your content. ...each and every content of yours is a masterpiece in itself. ..this one too. ..an eye opener..touching. ..let the society get a feel of their follies...the so called respect ppl have for ladies is nothing but a hoax and sham....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Anurag..:) I am glad you liked it ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really women is born every where every minutes

    ReplyDelete