Tuesday 26 November 2013

Splendour of the wizard’s magic wand...


With the onset of the chilly winters,
And the trees starting to shed their leaves,
I gaze in wonder at the dark mystic sky.

It's calm and serene all around,
The desolate streets, the nip in the air,
Make me curl and sit on the window sill.

As I lay back and I grab my book,
The unruffled breeze makes me quiver,
My chapped lips and dry skin call for care.

I wonder what makes these winter nights so special.
Is it the long nights, the darkness or my mood for introspection?
I get beguiled by the spell of misty nights.

But then a shimmering halo appears amidst the murky looming clouds,
The dense heap of cotton balls suddenly disperse,
And the dark sky gets bejewelled with dazzling little stars.

I smile in glory looking at the grandeur of the magician;
The wizard has just used his magic wand,
To dispel the darkness and has spread light.

No comments:

Post a Comment