Tuesday 22 January 2013

Short stint with rommmates



Room mates are such an integral part of your life specially when you are staying in a far off place and living all by your self. In my college days I was indeed blessed to have Payel as my roomie...the camaraderie we shared was beyond any words..the care and the concern which she had for me was nothing less than her own sister..In short I was pampered like hell which made the other hostelites envy me.

However I was SHOCKED on coming to Mumbai and to get a kind of reverse treatment from my room mate, Deepa. As it is life was tough then. 1stly new job...new people around...new city and to top it all a pestering room mate. I used to look forward to share things with her..my usual habit which I did with my previous one too...but her arrogant mannerisms made me stay away from her...her stingy ways made me cry and untidiness was something with which she was eternally binded to. I wanted to either run from this place or make her leave this house...

However my ears in those days became extra sensitive and alert while I kept waiting for my other flat mate who being a reporter came a bit late after completing her chase with the Ambani brothers...The half an hour conversation which we had every night made me forget the cold war scenario inside my room and helped me to go to bed with a smile..

God finally showered all his blessings on me and my room mate finally left one day...

By then some changes already started taking place in me... I acquired some of the basic culinary skills to survive... thanks to the immense patience on Bhuma's side who literally taught me from scratch...otherwise maa used to say that "amar bor er kopal a onek dukhho...maggi chara aar kichu khete parbena''..ie my husband won't get 2 have any thing other than maggie..."What ever little I made ...the boost which she gave me helped me to keep my spirits high..

The next addition to our small media family was Kamya...a cool bindas Delhite and a big cleanliness freak..coming from the same media world we share the similar problems...and Bhuma being a few years senior in this profession gives us her valuable suggestion to help us survive in this field.

Our conversations revolves around many things... from media gossip..to politics...to intellectual and healthy debate..

All I can say that these two girls have spoiled me a lot...I LOVE MUSHROOMs..so does Kamya and Bhuma..but they so happily part with it by transferring all of them on my plate which I don't think I would willingly do for any one.

I know that very soon we won't be having these late night adda sessions...I HATE KAMYA FOR THIS:(

Anyways this is life...Sometimes we forget that we are not here to stay always...our priorities are different for coming to this city...but I personally feel that for how short a period we put up...why not stay like a family as we have nothing to lose but only fond memories to take with us...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment